Terms & Conditions of Hire
1. Bookings will only be accepted at the discretion of the Village Hall Committee.
2. Hirers are expected to vacate the booked area/s promptly at the end of the hired session.
All events must finish by 12.00 midnight.
3. Persons, groups or organisations wishing to hire the Hall’s facilities must nominate an individual over 21 years old who must be present at the function or activity.
4. Where the function or activity is intended primarily for juniors (under 18 years) there must be one adult to every 12 juniors in attendance to supervise the group.
5. A damage deposit (refundable) may be required for bookings.
6. The Hall can accept no liability for the loss of or damage to clothing or any other personal property left unattended in the building or car park.
7. The Hall’s Public Liability insurance provides cover ONLY against incidents arising from acts or omissions of the Hall. Hirers should, in their own interests consider whether additional insurance cover is necessary.
8. The Committee reserves the right to cancel a hiring in certain circumstances (e.g. essential maintenance, Hall required as a Polling Station).
9. If the hirer cancels a booking before the date of the event, payment of any fee due shall be at the discretion of the Committee.
10. Bookings may be accepted by telephone. All new hirers are expected to view the premises prior to booking and will be required to complete and sign the Booking Form.
11. Payment in advance is required for one-off bookings.
12. We are unable to host 18th or 21st birthday celebration parties.
13. The maximum occupancy of the Main Hall is 100 people, 80 if seated.
14. Bank Transfer (BACS) is our preferred method of payment, sort code 54-30-06, a/c 34035419, or cheque payable to Portbury Village Hall and Social Club. We cannot accept cash at this time.
15. A minimum charge of £30 applies to all bookings to cover our cleaning costs.
16. Should you wish to bring your own alcohol to drink on site you can so with prior permission. However should you wish to sell that Alcohol you need to obtain your own License to Sell Alcohol from the local authority so as to protect our license terms in the event of any issues arising. Please bear in mind our Bar area will be locked in both of these circumstances and therefore there will be no access to drinking glasses
Our hire form can be downloaded here.